Our Solutions for the ENVIRONMENT
- TRIVOREX® on the accident scene
- Tested Products
- User Reports
Chemical spills: how to behave ?
In case of accidental spill of chemicals such as corrosive or inflammable products and products hazardous to the environment, the following questions must be answered immediately:
- Which chemical was spilt?
- How dangerous is it?
- How to protect oneself?
- How to stop the chemical from spreading?
- Which solution should be used to neutralize it and remove it?
- How to clean and secure the area?
- How to safely dispose of the chemical?
In case of emergency:
- The spreading of the chemical increases the risk of damage to the floor and material
- You must manage the potential consequences such as contamination and dangerous reactions with other chemicals
- The spreading of the chemical hazard hampers the intervention
Current solutions are:
- Universal absorbents with no neutralizing potential. After absorption, residues remain corrosive and harmful and therefore they are still a hazardous material which is difficult to dispose of.
- Specific absorbents intended to neutralize only one kind of products. Sometimes the nature of the chemical is not known. Moreover, the reactions of neutralization may be dangerous.
How to make sure that you will use the appropriate neutralizer in emergency?
Thanks to their sound experience in human decontamination, PREVOR laboratories have designed the universal neutralizing absorbent the TRIVOREX® powder so that no incident becomes an accident!!!
The TRIVOREX® powder
Something new to front accidental chemical spills due to all kind of liquid chemical product.
Created by PREVOR laboratories, the TRIVOREX® powder is intended to fight against all kind of accidental spills with liquid chemical products : acids, bases, oxydizing agents, reducing agents, oils, hydrocarbons, …
Its working mechanism: a double action, at the same time on the absorption and on the neutralization of chemical products.
Where are located its major advantages?
- In its polyvalent efficiency on the entire range of liquid chemical products and as a consequence on the elimination of error risks during the choice of the treatment
- In another important advantage : its atoxicity perfectly without any hazard for the user and the environment, able to neutralize the chemical aggressiveness of products before being evacuated. Indeed, it ensures a complete conformity with the legislation.
Using the TRIVOREX® powder
General instructions for using the TRIVOREX® powder
- Secure the area of spill. If necessary, evacuate the area.
- Prevent the spreading of chemical and stop the spill.
- Sprinkle the edge of the pool with the TRIVOREX® powder.
- For spills of small or medium quantities of chemical, sprinkle the whole spill with the TRIVOREX® powder.
For larger spills, there are two options:
- the first one is to use a pump to remove a part of the spilt product.
- the second one is to sprinkle the whole pool with the TRIVOREX® powder
- The TRIVOREX® powder absorbs the spill almost instantaneously.
Depending on the nature of the chemical, the color indicators of TRIVOREX® may or may not react:
- the mixture TRIVOREX® powder + chemical turns to blue for a spill of base
- the mixture TRIVOREX® powder + chemical turns to pink for a spill of acid
- When TRIVOREX® reacts, the mixture TRIVOREX® powder + chemical turns back to the initial yellow-green color. If this phenomenon isn't visible, add more TRIVOREX® powder or a few milliliters of water to trigger the reaction of neutralization.
- If there is a risk of gas emission due to the addition of water, collect the mixture TRIVOREX® powder + chemical in order to perform neutralization in an area ventilated by hoods.
- When the mixture TRIVOREX® powder + chemical turns back to the initial yellow-green color, dispose of the solidified residues in accordance with the protocol in force in the firm.
- Now the residue is harmless and may be easily transported under its solid form.
The steps in the use of the TRIVOREX® powder
The TRIVOREX® powder neutralizes acids as well as bases.
What should I do when a chemical spills?
Use the TRIVOREX® Powder!
A drum falls over and some liquid spills …
Before and after use, the TRIVOREX® powder is harmless to man and to the environment!
The TRIVOREX® powder absorbs any chemical and neutralizes both acids and bases.
Because there are so many substances, the TRIVOREX® powder hasn't been tested on every chemical product but only on the ones presenting the characteristic hazards of their chemical family.
To try the TRIVOREX® powder there are two options:
- We can visit you to test the TRIVOREX® powder on one chemical among the products listed below!
- Our laboratory can test the efficacy of the TRIVOREX® powder on any other substance. Please ask your customer advisor!
The TRIVOREX® powder isn't toxic if inhaled (oral DL 50 in rat > 2000mg/Kg)
Some main products on which the TRIVOREX® powder works
|ACIDS||BASES||OXIDIZERS||POLAR SOLVENTS||NON-POLAR SOLVENTS||OTHER PRODUCTS|
efficacy of the TRIVOREX® powder
- Report of a Chemical Intervention Mobile Unit (Firemen), France
- Report on a mercury spill in a chemistry laboratory
- Report by NASA
- PROCTER & GAMBLE DREIEICH
- Report by the Chemie Park fire brigade major on a spill of hydrochloric acid
- To absorb the pollution.
- Poster presented to the SOT Congress (Society Of Toxicology) - San Diego - CA - USA - Mars 2006